Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Oracle Senior Database Administrator
Looking for an Oracle DBA to be able to do design, build, support, performance large enterprise environment. On-call rotation, UNIX/Linux, RAC/ASM, RMAN, DataGuard, Exadata, Golden Gate is a must. Must be good with Golden Gate which is a replication product.
- Plan, design, and build high performance database systems.
- Lead the customer-servicing infrastructure strategy reviews and development by performing applicable analysis and implementation.
- Analyze database & system response time and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
- Effectively manage issue identification and resolution process.
- Participate in customer-servicing infrastructure implementation projects.
- Participate in, and encourage a knowledge-sharing environment both within, and outside the department.
- Maintain relationships with the customers, associates, and vendors to proactively identify needed changes.
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed-upon milestones. Requires minimal supervision to perform job duties.
- Must be available to participate in On-Call Rotation and Duties.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to quickly and efficiently pinpoint and resolve problematic system issues.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in Database Administration.
- 5-10 years of experience with a UNIX (IBM AIX or Linux) platform, Oracle 10g/11g RAC/ASM, RMAN, OEM, Oracle Partitioning, Shell Scripting and/or PL/SQL Scripting, Oracle DataGuard and Oracle Net are required
- 3-5 years of experience with Exadata, Oracle OVD, Oracle GoldenGate, Microsoft SQL Server and/or Hadoop is highly desirable.
- Strong change management skills; change agent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting mission critical infrastructure in a fast paced environment.
Rosemont Illinois, United States of America
115-123K + Bonus
1/18/2017 2:15:52 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.