Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Prestigious Organization is currently seeking Lead Oracle DBA. The Lead Oracle DBA will a part of the team that manages business critical OLTP and multi-terabyte datawarehouses utilizing the latest technologies in the industry such as RAC, GoldenGate, Exadata, Hadoop, MS SQL Server Clustering, and more.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Leverage technical expertise to guide and mentor junior DBA's in the group to aid in the overall development of the team.
- Plan, design, and build high performance database systems.
- Leverage technical knowledge and experience to be a project lead overseeing all technical aspects of the project.
- Responsible for driving the creation and maintenance of standards and documentation for the broader team to leverage.
- Evaluate technical options and make recommendations to leadership for the development of the team's roadmap and long term strategy.
- Responsible for Team initiatives that improve processes and increase levels of automation.
- Participate in on-call duties.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in related technical/business area is required. (MIS, Computer Science) Computer Science Management Information Services Science, math, or engineering degrees.
- Minimum 7 - 12 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Expert of relevant technology in Oracle, SQL, and/or Big Data.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to quickly and efficiently pinpoint problematic system issues.
- Excellent database high availability technology experience required (5+yrs) (RAC/ASM, Data Guard, SQL Server Clustering and Availability Group, SQL Server Replication)
- 5-10 years of experience with UNIX (IBM AIX or Linux) platform, RMAN, OEM, Oracle Partitioning, Shell Scripting and/or PL/SQL Scripting are required
- Experience with GoldenGate, Exadata, and/or Hadoop is highly desirable.
- Strong change management skills; change agent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting mission critical infrastructure in a fast paced environment.
Bensenville Illinois, United States of America
115k-130k + bonus
1/17/2017 2:20:56 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.