Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Day Star Staffing, LLC.
Day Star Staffing employees over 3,000 people yearly across seven different states.
We are former educators, friends and family with a mission: to operate a staffing and recruiting company motivated by more than just the bottom line - we want to make a real difference. And we do that by treating job seekers and clients like a member of our team. We treat people like people, not like numbers. Day Star Staffing specializes in temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct-hire openings in the light industrial and clerical fields.
At Day Star, we have a client-based approach. We tailor everything specific to the client. Our job seekers benefit too. By having great relationships with our clients, we can provide better opportunities for candidates across Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, and Illinois.
Summary: The Software Developer II writes, modifies and debugs software for all point of sale (POS) applications. Participates in design and specification of new products. The position tests and documents software for server and client applications. Provides client support for ORB Systems' products.
- Participates in design of new products and features.
- Develops concise specifications and implement features for new products.
- Aids in design "proof of concepts" exercises for each project.
- Implements quality code according to our approved development methods.
- Performs unit-level-test code for quality and functionality.
- Submits code for and participates in regular reviews focusing on architecture, styles and standards, and functionality.
- Participates in creating work estimates, project schedules, and assessing project risks.
- Meets stated milestone dates and deadlines.
- Review and approve QA test plans.
- Reviews product documentation for technical accuracy.
- Works with other departments such as QA and customer support on escalated technical issues.
- Interfaces with various types of hardware and third party software programs.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems.
- Evaluates development processes for improvements.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain the developer's own operating system and application software needed to perform job functions. Produce quality, testable code within stated delivery dates.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. 5-7 years of experience, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility in a complex systems engineering environment. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in software development techniques, tools, and languages (preferred Delphi, VB, HTML, XML, SOL, C++). Experienced in Windows XP/Server, version control software, change control software, Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of DCOM, sockets, serial communications, multi-tasking, and general networking. Familiar with interfacing with and communicating to hardware such as modems, Routers, printers, scanners, wireless handheld devices. Knowledge of the current DRB Systems, Inc. software products (primarily SiteWatch and TunnelWatch). Working knowledge of the above within one year of employment.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certifications (MCPD, MCSD, MCSE, MCDBA) desired
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to remain in a stationary position for 90 percent of the time. The individual needs to occasionally move about inside the office. They constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and computer printer. They must be able to exchange accurate information with customers and employees while interacting.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Competencies include:
- Teamwork - Brings about, causes or influences a joint action by a number of people to achieve a desired result. Understands others quickly and can find common ground. Practices attentive and active listening. Has patience to hear people out and can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he or she disagrees. Provides the information people need to know how to do their jobs and to feel good about bees a member of the team.
- Time Management - Manages one's own time and the time of others. Organizes and prioritizes while effectively works within scheduled time frames.
- Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly. Learns new skills and knowledge. Learns new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge and does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Critical Thinking - Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Design - Generates creative solutions. Translates concepts and information into images. Applies design principles. Use feedback to modify designs. Develops new and original ideas, creates effective designs. Explores multiple options to overcome technical, workflow and design obstacles. Changes approach or method to best fit situation. Consults with other co-workers and various resources.
Akron Ohio, United States of America
1/17/2017 8:04:38 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.